The Rich World of Roulette Bets
Playing roulette, you will never be bored thanks to a huge number of different roulette bets which are possible to make when you sit at the roulette real table. After a dealer announces to place your bets the main thing is to be sure what exactly bet to make.
There are two main types of bets you'll find at any roulette place: inside bets and outside bets; when we speak about French Roulette, it is also necessary to remember about one more type of roulette bets - call bets.
They are called so because in this case you place your chip roulette inside the betting cell: such bets are very risky because you try to predict the exact number but it is not so easy to do. There are some types of inside bets can be named:
- Straight up bet - this is the bet on one particular number.
- Split bet - this is the bet on 2 numbers which go horizontally or vertically together (for example, 26-27 or 26-29). You place your chip on the line between these two numbers.
- Street bet - this is the bet on 3 numbers of a horizontal row.
- Corner bet - this is the bet on 4 numbers which make a square on the roulette table (for example, 26-27, 29-30). You place a chip on the corner where all these 4 numbers meet.
- Line bet - this is the bet on 6 numbers which make two rows on the roulette table. You place a chip in the end of these 2 rows on the line between them.
- Five-number bet - this type of a bet can be found at American Roulette: you make your bet on 5 numbers (0, 00, 1, 2, 3).
These bets have lower roulette payouts in case of winning and they are made on some additional options of roulette table, not on particular numbers.
- Column bet - this is the bet on one of 3 vertical columns of roulette table.
- Dozen bet - this is the bet on one of 3 dozens of roulette table's numbers (1-12, 13-24, 25-36).
- Color bet - this is the bet on either red or black color.
- Odd/Even bet - this is the bet on either odd or even number.
- Low/High bet - this is the bet on either low numbers (1-18) or high numbers (19-36).
These are the bets of French Roulette which are based on the numbers of roulette wheel.
- Neighbors of zero - this is the bet on numbers which are between 25 and 22 on the wheel (0 is in the centre). - 9 chips are bet.
- Third of the wheel - this is the bet on 12 numbers opposite from 0 on the wheel. - 6 chips are bet.
- Orphans - this is the bet on 8 numbers which do not include 2 previous groups of numbers. - 5 chips are bet.
- Finales en Plein - this is the bet on numbers which end in a particular number (for example, 3, 13, 23, 33).
- Finales a Cheval - this is the bet on numbers which end in 2 particular numbers (for example, 3 and 4: 3, 4, 13, 14, 23, 24, 33, 34).