Know your game - Learn Roulette Payouts and Odds
Think about this: how much sense would it make to play a game when you don't know the details about it? Right, no much! By learning the payouts for bets, you put yourself in an excellent position to play the game more strategically, giving you better chances to win. So, no need to worry about poker chips - let's talk about how to play the wheel.
Which payout for roulette is the best?
Firstly, let's at look this more in terms of playing better instead of just thinking of the highest payout could give us. To answer the question, the most you can win is by doing a 'Straight-up' bet, which would land you a 35-1 payout. That's a ridiculous amount of money, but can you guess the chances of hitting it? If you guessed, 'small', you're on the right track. Anyway, let's discuss the other types of bets and roulette payouts.
The American version has the worst chances, with the European version coming in second and the French version of the game having the best chances of pocketing some roulette profit.
- Inside Bets:
- 1. Straight-up is 37-1 and you'll get the big 35-1 payout.
- 2. Split: 18-1 odds, but you'll land winnings at 17-1.
- 3. Street: 11.6-1, but can win at 11-1.
- 4. Trio sits with an 11.6-1 with winnings coming in at 11-1.
- 5. Corner: is pretty even with odds at 8.5-1 where the winnings would be 8-1.
- 6. Five Number also is pretty close, with odds at 6.6-1 and take-home being 6-1.
- Outside Bets: these bets are not nearly as dramatic. Many of the variations carry the same chances of winning.
- 1. Red or Black, Even or Odd and High or Low all have the same 1.11-1 odds of winning with a 1-1 payout.
- 2. Dozens and Columns both sit at 2.16-1, with winnings coming in at 2-1.
Taking all of these bets and odds into consideration will help you while you play. It's more than just going for the highest payout possible. By studying the game and knowing this information, you can make more calculated bets and increase your chances of winning. This is how the professionals do it - of course with many years of studying and practice!
Use your new roulette payouts knowledge to play smarter
Now that you are up-to-date on how roulette payouts work, you can put the new information to good use and play smarter - not harder!
Have some good roulette luck!