American Roulette is one of the most popular casino games today: it is possible to play both at land-based casinos and online; together with European Roulette, this roulette variation is considered to be classical. Let's have a closer look at American Roulette in order to understand how to play it and whether it can be the best choice for you.
Till the 19th century American and European Roulettes were the only one game - European Roulette; in the end of the 19th century French emigrants brought this game to America where it became loved and popular at once. The rules of the game stayed the same but the roulette play wheel was modified a bit to give a casino more advantages before players:
- One more green slot was added - 00
- There was also such a slot added as American Eagle which is absent in modern variant of American Roulette
Wheel and Table
American wheel and table layout are practically the same with European Roulette with the only one exception: American wheel has one extra green spot - 00; it was added by Americans in order to increase a house edge. Because of this fact, American table layout also has 00-cell to bet on and 38 slots as a result.
Another difference of American Roulette wheel is the fact that its numbers are located in pairs opposite of each other (they are randomly placed in European wheel).
Roulette bets are also the same for both American and European roulette variants: you can make inside and outside bets choosing the option you like: straight bet, line bet, color bet, even/odd bet etc.
Frankly speaking, American Roulette is not very attractive for players because of a house edge it presents: thanks to one additional green spot (00) the house edge of American Roulette is 5,26% when European one is only 2,67%.
- All roulette tables have minimum and maximum bets which are possible to make, and these bets can differ from one table to another; so, be attentive when choose a table to play at. You are welcome to make your bet till the time a croupier says the following phrase: "No more bets!"
- When a ball stops and the winning number is already possible to recognize, a croupier put a special figure named "dolly" on the table layout for everybody to see the winning bet. Only after "dolly" is moved from the table, players have a right to move chips and make their new bets.
- A player has no right to toss his/her chips when makes a bet.
- Even if you lost, do not forget to tip a dealer - it is a common rule of roulette etiquette.
- You are welcome to play several free roulettes rounds at online casinos to get used to the game without risking your money